I discovered made numerous discoveries over the years (11 years - next month to be exact) and each one rocked my world. I finally started digging deeper into educating myself about pornography - books, talk by general authorities, going to counseling, going to LDS Services family support group for addicts, and finally understanding a lot more about what it's about. I finally realized we were in over our heads. I was in over my head and I needed help. I went to the family support group and thought I was doing the right thing - but I was just going through the motions. Honestly - I still wonder how sincere I am right now. I wish my husband was more open about this (heck - in our relationship it would be great if we could talk openly about anything of importance) and that he realized he was in over his head. That he needs help. And I can't do it for him and I can't get help for him. I can be here for him when he is ready to seek recovery. But, he has to do the work.
So, for now, I am focusing on my recovery. It was really hard at first. Right now I am in a good place. I really don't understand it myself. For the first time since nearly the beginning of the year - I really do feel at peace for the most part. I still have bad days. But for now, I have some peace. And I am really grateful for it.
I don't know how the story continues just yet, where it will lead, if it will be a path my husband and I walk together, or if I will have to walk it alone. Thankfully, I don't have to walk it alone. I'll have my Savior carry me if needs be, but I won't be alone.
I went through a phase of total apathy too. Like just going through the motions and then sometimes not even that. Almost as if i were numb and couldn't feel anything. But like all phases, it passed too.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad your focusing on you.
S,
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're focusing on you too.... I'm glad you decided to reach out and get help from professionals. Sometimes being in over your head requires that jump. Way to go for taking it.
And you are never alone... ever.... what a blessing that is.
XO
Exactly what Jacy said!
DeleteAnd keep writing -- it's good for you and it's helpful for those of us out here too!