I will find healing. I will no longer suffer in silence as I cope with my husband's pornography addiction.
Thursday, June 7, 2012
Just A Different Way to Look at It...
Not sure if anyone is reading still, but this is kinda like a journal for me so I just had to share this. A friend of mine, April, just posted this AMAZING post on her blog. It really opened up a new way of looking at things. Some of you may remember a earlier post about me being accused of trying to publicly"out" my husband. Well, April shares her story in this incredible post about sharing her story & not being able to stop sharing & what came of her sharing. I was so grateful she shared her discovery with us.
Labels:
April,
sharing our stories
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so glad this spoke to you. it has been one of the greatest catalyst for change in my healing and surprisingly in Mr. Scabs too. Maybe I'll have him do a post on his feelings about telling people.
ReplyDeleteCan you share a little more about how it has been a catalyst for you, April? It would be awesome to here his feelings on telling people.
DeleteI could totally share more! I'm so humbled that you would even ask! I'll be thinking more and adding a post just for you. :)
DeleteI've never wanted to "out" my husband. Any time I've wanted to tell someone, it was because I needed support. But for them, they're ashamed and feel like they are being "outed." It's sad. I loved Scabs' post, too.
ReplyDeleteI never wanted to "out" mine, either. After being accused of trying to do so I did some soul searching about who I have told (he knows who I have told), but I did it out of sheer necessity due to explaining certain situations or because I needed the support. I told a few of his siblings with great reluctance, but did because they have dealt with this and felt they might be able to offer insight as how to deal with this. I can totally understand how they would feel like they are being "outed" and I so wish we could be more open about this because I still need more support and so does he, but I think that will have to wait for now.
Deletewe are so lucky to have other that have gone through things before us. to help us find our way.
ReplyDeleteAmen !
DeleteInvolving more people in recovery has done wonders for my husband too -- the way he put it, the addiction thrives so much on secrecy, and on this idea that if anyone knew his deep, dark secret they could never love him -- so to have several people in our lives who know now, and love him unconditionally, has been huge for him. I still think we have to be very prayerful and careful when we choose who to tell, but we are very much done with living in a painful, lonely, horrible bubble.
ReplyDelete