Saturday, June 2, 2012

I am more than just the wife of an pornography addict...

I used to let this define me.  It was my own awful secret.  I was only the wife of an addict.  It was all I could see myself as because my life was constantly about his addiction - it affected every aspect of my life.  However, things have changed.  Sure, I'm still the wife of a pornography addict, but there is so much more to me. 

I am a music lover.  Not only that, but I love to sing.  It is like free therapy for me.  I am a mother and mother-to-be.  I am a fan of most all things that have sugar or chocolate in them.  I am a dreamer.  A dreamer of a simple, but beautiful place to call my own with a backyard.  I am the woman who has never outgrown her love of the color purple and so many of its beautiful shades.  I am wife who dreams of seeing her husband's eyes sparkle once more.  I am a lover of history and learning.  I am a wanna-be organized woman.  A wanna-be able to use a sewing machine without a bit of help woman.  I am a sister, a aunt, a friend, and a daughter - just to name a few other roles.  I am a wanna-be world traveler, a fix-it kinda gal, a creator, a photographer.  Most importantly, I am a daughter of God.  I often forget that last one. 

One thing too - I have discovered.  This addiction doesn't determine who I am.  Nothing does.  Only I determine who I am and who I can become and I am the only one who can make those things happen.  I need my Heavenly Father and Savior to help me every step of the way.  It starts with my desire though.

No comments:

Post a Comment