It's been a bit since I've written. The kids are definatley driving me bonkers & yet a reprieve is in sight as they will be flying to my parent's for 2 weeks soon. I am looking forward to use this time to really indulge in some serious self-care and pondering. So much has come to a head for me personally and I have found strength I never imagined I had to staart thinking about doing hard things.
I currently only have one boundary in place to protect me and while it is helpful - it isn't enough. I am tired of being co-dependent. I am tired of being treated like the lesser in what is supposedly a partnership. I am tired of living with someone who refuses to be transparent and own his addiction. Heck- I am dying to hear the words - "I'm sorry." I have decided to love me finally. To stand up for me just a little. And because I love him (though I usually dislike him), I have come to decide that more boundaries are needed for my sanity and over-all well-being. I have come to a point where I know for a certain that I need an addict who is actively seeking recovery - something he is far from.
And...for once...I am moving forward in faith - not standing paralyzed in fear. I have faith that my Savior can & will make all things right. I have faith that he will help us both heal as we seek recovery. And he can make us whole again - whether we are together or not.
Not that it's gonna be a cakewalk. But I refuse to be paralyzed in fear anymore. I will walk up this hill because my Savior will be right alongside me - encouraging, cheering, & picking me up when I fall. And if necessary - he will carry me - and the two sets of footprints will become one. I know he won't leave me as I strive to stay close to Him.
I love the determination and strength and faith of this post. I think that you are on the edge of a very scary, but very liberating precipice. You sound like you are ready to take control of your life and believe in your own worth(as well as his). It's not easy, but that doesn't mean it isn't the right step. You can be courageous!
ReplyDelete