Tuesday, April 16, 2013

In My Path of Destruction



I just started Step 4 last night.(written 4/15/13)  I have to admit - it was scary.  I've been wanting to start since last July, but I finally felt ready recently to start tackling it.

I had no idea how I wanted to start it, but one thing that had been on my mind at lot lately was those I had wronged & more than ever the Lord was reminding me of all the people I had hurt.  So that's where I decided to start.  I hadn't written down all the names as they had come to me before so my list I know is far from complete - but it's a start.  And let me tell you - I felt remorse & sadness as I wrote each name wondering why I had made the choices that had hurt these people so near & dear to me.  It was like finally getting a glimpse of the aftermath left in my wake.

I know there will be more names to add.  And that hurts.  But it's also a good feeling because it really has made me wake up to the fact that just as people have hurt me - I have hurt others as well.  And one of the great things about the 12 step program is that it teaches me how to reach how & try my best to make amends.  And how the Savior can help others heal from the damage I have done.  And hopefully I can share that with them - that while I can't make it all right.  He, the Master Healer, can, if we let Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment