Sunday, April 21, 2013

About this time last year...

I was making my most recent discovery of lies.  And I went into a tailspin.  I was a disaster.  I could barely function.  I had to beg for help to pick up my children from school from fear of being seen the day I made my discovery due to my blotchy, tear-stained face. 

Now about a year,one baby, & lots of support group meetings - I am proud to say I can function.  I am not a disaster, I don't wear a tear-stained face everyday, I don't spend all day on the internet reading blogs, hanging out in forums, or obsessing about what my husband may be doing.  I just live my life, try my best to work the 12 steps, go to group, & try (that's the key word there) to keep the focus on me.

I am overwhelmed with gratitude for the things I have learned, continue to learn, & the incredible people who have come into my life.  Some of these people know the most honest me there ever has existed and somehow they still love me.  Which gives me hope.  Because if they - as imperfect people - love me - then that means a perfect God & a perfect Savior can too.  And I know they do.

I have a long road ahead.  I don't know what the future holds. 

However, I can't wait to see how much growth I can experience in the coming year.  And I am slowly learning how to not live in fear.  And let me tell you - it's a beautiful thing.


1 comment:

  1. I am glad to hear you have made progress this past year!! I just hit the year mark in feb (of D-day) and I am in a much better place too! Stay Strong!

    ReplyDelete