Thursday, April 26, 2012

Baby Steps

Sometimes I feel like I am constantly going back to the beginning in this journey of recovery.  It's kinda like taking 2 steps forward and then 3 back and then wandering off the trail before you realize you are lost and call for help.  Or like the laundry I tried to tackle today, but to no avail (and I only have 2 children & the hubby).

Last week was my pity party and this week my focus has been self-care.  Self-care for me includes lots of sweets (esp chocolate), some shopping, cranking up my fave tunes that put a smile on my face & singing - just to name a few.  A pedicure and some new flip-flops sound good too !  I surprised myself by starting the process of Friday though I did a little of the pity party thing on Saturday & Sunday.  Still, I promised myself I would do what I could in my power to have that self-care include seeking outside help.

I had decided to go to my church's 12-step program to help families deal with their love ones addiction to porn.  The events of the day had emotionally drained me before I even had a chance to grab a bite for lunch and I almost didn't go.  I bit the bullet though.  I refused to let Satan with this one.  I went.  It was hard.  Really hard and yet so helpful.  I am so glad I went.  For me personally, this was Baby Step #1 for the week.  Baby Step #2 is supposed to happen on Friday and I am on pins and needles waiting for Friday to come.  But I shouldn't be - going to have to work on that.  As a unknown author said "Do not be afraid of tomorrow;for God is already there."




No comments:

Post a Comment